In the Libraries: September at George Bruce
This September, George Bruce Library on 125th Street will offer a library card sign-up event, online book discussions, opportunities to learn about crochet, and much more.
While many of the events at the George Bruce Library and other New York Public Library locations are still being held virtually, the libraries themselves are offering nearly full service, including general library use and seating, unlimited browsing, computer access, and more. Masks are still required for everyone at all NYPL locations. Learn more about the NYPL's reopening policies.
- This month's Open Book Hour for adults is focused on the topic of home. Share recommendations, discuss new or noteworthy books, or talk about your current reading on September 15 at 12PM.
- Learn how to chain, loop, stitch, and more crochet basics at Crochet & Chat on September 15 and September 29 at 2PM.
- Celebrate National Library Card Month on September 16 from 2-6PM outside the George Bruce Library. Sign up for a library card and enjoy the giveaways for all ages!
- Join the Teen Advisory Group on September 23 at 4PM to help guide the George Bruce Library's staff as they plan online programs, recommend books, and more.
- Teens ages 13-18 can discuss their current reading and much more at the library's Open Book Hour on September 30 at 4PM.
Past Updates from George Bruce Library
- Go back to school with NYPL: Kids of all ages, educators, parents, and caregivers can access an array of programs and resources in person and online. Get after school care, books, homework help, learning activities and tools, and much more.
- Watch one of the recorded story times from George Bruce children's librarian Margo Moore.
- Get adult education and training resources for English learning, small business support, financial coaching, technology, and more.
- Learn about the procedures now that all NYPL branches are open.
- Overdue fees are suspended until September 30, 2021.
The New York Public Library (NYPL) is a great resource for New Yorkers, offering virtual events, free online services, and a wide variety of support during the COVID-19 pandemic. Columbia Neighbors has partnered with the George Bruce Library on 125th Street to provide regular updates from library staff and highlight its fantastic offerings.