View a PDF version of this week's update
600 W. 125th Street
Current Phase of Construction: Excavation and Foundation:
- Noisy work should be expected during most days during this phase of construction
- Excavation and foundation is anticipated to be complete by the end of the third quarter of 2022
What is Happening During the Next Two Weeks:
- Daytime utility work on 125th Street and Broadway has commenced. Work will involve the contractor saw cutting and breaking up the street and sidewalk to install the new building utility connections (for future water and sanitary) by using jackhammers, road saw, and backhoe. A dump truck will be used to remove material.
- Site dewatering is in progress
- Crane pad support of excavation installation
- Installation of foundation and mat slab rebar, formwork, and waterproofing
- Concrete trucks will be used to install foundation walls
- Underground utility layout and installation
- An excavator will be used to complete site grading and clean up
- Regular work hours temporarily extended until 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Studebaker Building Façade Repairs and Roof Replacement
- Removal of the spalled concrete wall at the east elevation southeast corner is complete. The concrete wall will be patched and coated during the week of August 22.
- Terra cotta repairs will continue at the south and southwest corner parapet wall.
- Pipe scaffolding installation is complete, and inspection and repairs of the terra cotta will begin at the north elevation parapet wall.
Please note that all activities are subject to change based on weather and other field conditions.