View a PDF version of this week's update
600 W. 125th Street
Current Phase of Construction: Superstructure:
- Noisy work should be expected during most days during this phase of construction
- The superstructure phase is anticipated to be complete in Spring 2023
What is Happening During the Next Two Weeks:
- Support of excavation removal from the cellar is ongoing. There may be some visible smoke that contractors will control to be away from adjacent buildings using air filtration equipment and fans.
- New building utilities and fire department standpipe are being coordinated and installed
- Delivery and installation of rebar and formwork for columns and slabs for 12th to 14th floors
- Concrete trucks and pumps will be used to pour columns, stairs, and floor slabs
- Building enclosure contractor is completing deliveries and installing brackets for exterior panels
- Hoist and loading dock installation
- Regular work hours temporarily extended until 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Studebaker Building Façade Repairs and Roof Replacement
- Parapet rebuilding and some pointing work at the elevator tower will continue, weather permitting. Work is mostly quiet.
- Due to the cold weather, the crew will continue to work mainly at the elevator tower bulkhead. The work will be located primarily in the interior of the bulkhead. It will create some intermittent noise but may not be noticeable.
- Pointing and brick replacement work will continue at the south elevation, weather permitting. Work is mostly quiet.
Please note that all activities are subject to change based on weather and other field conditions.