Outreach at Columbia Engineering STEM Programs Support Online Learning
Outreach at Columbia Engineering is moving its multitude of public programs online. Read more below to see how you can get involved.
Summer High School Academic Program for Engineers (SHAPE)
- We are happy to announce that SHAPE will run this summer and the program will be online. Health and safety are our top priorities and as much as we would love to see everyone on campus, we are confident that we will offer a great virtual program. Program admission is still being offered on a rolling basis. If you are interested, please apply here!
Engineering the Next Generation (E.N.G.)
- The E.N.G. program is proceeding as planned for Summer 2020, but we are currently working hard on preparing for potential program modifications (such as remote/virtual mentoring). We are still accepting applications from interested students from select local partner schools only. We expect to be in touch again soon with further details regarding plans for the summer program.
COSMOS-NewLAW Research Experience for Teachers Program (RET)
- Applications for the 2020 COSMOS-NewLAW RET are still open. Applications are due May 1, 2020. As the situation evolves, we may be shifting the 2020 NSF COSMOS-NewLAW RET to take place in August 2020, with specific dates TBD. We still very much encourage interested teachers to apply, and we will make sure to communicate any updates as they may arise.
Columbia COVID-19 Response Tutors
- Columbia COVID-19 Response Tutors will provide free, virtual, 1-on-1, tutoring sessions with Columbia undergraduate students. K-12 students and tutors are matched after filling out forms indicating availability, grade level, subjects of interest, and based on a holistic evaluation of compatibility. Tutors are advised to offer one session weekly, but this can be adjusted during the tutoring process.
Columbia Prep Tutors
- The Columbia Prep Tutors (CPT) are a team of Columbia University students who are passionate about unlocking each students' academic potential. We offer online, in-person and hybrid tutoring packages, depending on the needs of each family. Tutoring is our craft, education is our passion.
- Contact: email@example.com
flypaper tutors, Inc.
- flypaper tutors, Inc. is a nonprofit founded by Columbia Engineering undergraduates. They facilitate free, on-demand tutoring, connecting top university volunteer-tutors with students in-need nationwide. They provide middle school students the academic mentorship they need, free of cost! They understand the need for one-on-one learning, and this help is even more important during the COVID-19 pandemic. They offer flexible scheduling with no commitment.
- Free online computer science classes via Amazon Future Engineer
- STEM Diversity and Inclusion Video Exhibition Challenge: Deadline June 25 — Entry & Information Here!
- Launch BioBus at Home with BioBus Remote Labs!
- Daily STEM at-Home Learning Resources from NOVA/PBS
- Finding Math by U of WA Research Institute
- Frontiers for Young Minds — Science Articles for Young Students by Young Students
- National Geographic Kids Science Labs
- Remote Learning Solutions from Vernier
- Science News for Students — daily updates/news
- Skype a Scientist — meet and chat with a scientist from around the world
- Visit STEM@Home™ for free webinars and a growing list of resources
- STEM Action Center — Resources for STEM at Home
- STEM for ALL Multiplex — Video Presentations about federally funded projects!
- STEMStreaming by PAST Foundation
- List of STEM Games for Kids via Maryville University
- Virtual Field Trips with ASRC IlluminationSpace