|CU Home | Neighbors Home||SITE MAP | COMMUNITY CALENDAR|
For questions about a construction project, please contact the Columbia University Construction Helpline at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Columbia University Facilities Service Center at (212) 854-2222.
And as a service to those interested in employment with construction firms currently working at Columbia , we have developed an Online referral process.
Designed by McKim, Mead & White in the original campus plan, Faculty House is located at 64 Morningside Drive at 116th Street and is adjacent to Wien Hall and the President’s House. Since 1923, this red brick and limestone building has served as a gathering place for social and intellectual interaction among University faculty. In recent years, Faculty House has opened its doors to serve the various needs of university administrators, alumni, graduate students and members of the community.
Faculty House is undergoing a complete rehabilitation. This work will include new systems upgrades, complete internal modernization and a new addition to the buidling's 4th floor. A new entryway system will replace the current gateway entrance adjacent to Faculty House on Morningside Drive. This project is expected to be completed by the fall of 2009.
Sustainable elements of the project include recycling of construction debris, energy efficient lighting, energy efficient windows, and finishes that promote quality indoor air quality.
Faculty House is registered under the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System